#New Delhi: Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana, abbreviated as PMAY was launched with the objective of building a paved house for every poor person in the country. Under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana scheme, the central government pays people to build houses. Also, home loan subsidy can also be availed for home purchase, renovation or any kind of expansion. The amount available under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana scheme may vary by geographical location and state. Also, the benefits of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana can be availed not only by BPL card holders but also by other people.
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana is a scheme of the Government of India, through which poor people living in urban and rural areas are given houses according to their purchasing power. The Government of India has identified 305 cities in 9 states where these houses will be built. The objective of the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana scheme is to provide housing to all by 2022. For this, the government will build 20 lakh houses, of which 18 lakh will be built in slum areas and the remaining 2 lakh in poor areas of the city.
Government of India has divided this project into 3 phases-
– The first phase started in April 2015 and ended in March 2017, under which more than 100 houses have been constructed in the city.
– The second phase started from April 2017 and ended in March 2019. In this, the government has set a target of building houses in more than 200 cities.
– The third phase started in April 2019 and was completed in March 2022, with the remaining targets to be met.
Read more: Start a New Business in the New Year, No Capital Needed, All You Need Is Internet!
Eligibility to avail the benefit of this scheme –
Under Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana, earlier only those belonging to economically weaker section, low income group or middle income group were benefited. Now this list has been expanded and includes the rest of the people, which are given below.
The Government of India has set the following eligibility criteria for this scheme –
– Applicant must be below 70 years of age.
– No house or flat shall be held in the name of the applicant or any member of his family.
– No government concession shall be taken for the purchase of the applicant’s house.
– The house is owned in the name of the woman, not in a household where only men live.
– The maximum annual income of the family should not exceed 18 lakhs, it is economically divided into 4 different segments –
– EWS or Economically Weaker Section – Annual gross income less than 3 lakh rupees.
– LIG or Low Income Group – Tk 3 lakh to Tk 6 lakh per annum.
– MIG-I or Middle Income Group-1 – Rs.6 lakh to Rs.12 lakh per annum.
– MIG-II or Middle Income Group-II – Tk 12 lakh to Tk 18 lakh per annum.
– For house repair or improvement only for EWS or LIG category.
How to see name in Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana list –
Those who have already applied under Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana can see their name in the list issued by the government. They don’t have to go anywhere for this. By following some simple steps you can see your name in that list at home. There are certain steps to be followed for this –
– For this first you have to go to the website of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana.
– Next, go to the home page of the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana website. From there go to menu section. Go there and click on Search Beneficiary option.
– After clicking on Search Beneficiary option, click to search by name.
– After opening new page, enter own 12 digit Aadhaar number and click on show button.
– On clicking there, the list of beneficiaries will be displayed, where one has to search their name.
Be the first to read breaking news on News18 Bangla. There are daily fresh news, live updates of news. Read the most reliable Bangla news on News18 Bangla website.
Tags: PM Awas Yojana